A Straightforward Process For Long-Term Savings
We guide our clients through every step of the process of setting up a Defined Benefit plan. Our comprehensive and cost-effective solution for Defined Benefit plan owners requires very little of their ongoing time and effort.
Complete our free Tax Savings Analysis Form online. It will take you one minute and we will provide you the results quickly.
We walk you through your results and recommend the best plan for your circumstances.
Submit the Plan Set-Up Questionnaire to our pension administrator and sign your plan’s Adoption Agreement.
Open an investment account, fund your plan, and pick your investments (we help you do this).
We Work Together Throughout the Process to Ensure You Save And Invest The Maximum Possible For Your Situation
What We At Orion Do
- Formulate, in consultation with you, your plan’s investment strategy
- Design, construct and implement agreed-upon investment strategy
- Provide ongoing management of investment portfolio, including trading, rebalancing and periodic performance reporting
- Discuss with you any investment matters of interest or concern to you
What Our Plan Administrator Does
- Designs your plan using its proto-type plan document (with IRS opinion letter)
- Prepares actuarial calculations for your plan
- Provides the actuarial certification that makes your contributions tax deductible
- Prepares and annually files Form 5500 for your plan
- Completes annual actuarial valuation of your plan
- Does any consulting work requested by plan owner
What You Do
- Provide our pension administrator the information required to establish your Defined Benefit plan
- Open up your plan’s investment account (we help you do this)
- Make annual tax-deductible contributions to your plan (we help you do this)
- Enjoy significant tax savings along with a rapidly growing retirement nest egg
What Does A Defined Benefit Plan Cost?
Fees and Services
We offer a cost-effective and comprehensive Defined Benefit plan solution.
Our pension administrator creates a customized Defined Benefit plan designed specifically for each individual plan owner. Unlike SEP-IRAs and 401(k)s, Defined Benefit plans are not one-size-fits-all plans. DB plans are unique and customized to the plan owner's circumstances. Therefore, they do have expenses associated with set-up and on-going administration. The costs of DB plans, however, pale in comparison to the tax savings they enable.
If you have your plan documents drafted and drawn up from scratch by your own actuary and tax attorney, costs will likely increase. At Orion, we hold down costs in this regard by using a prototype plan developed and implemented by our pension administration partner. These plan documents are already in use with existing plan owners and are familiar to the IRS. Using a prototype plan is both a very cost-effective and straightforward solution for our clients. All fees detailed below are tax-deductible.